Saturday, June 2, 2012

Souvenirs and mementos


I like souvenirs. Not the "I went to Madrid and all I got was this lousy t-shirt" souvenirs you see in shops, but things that are unique about a place. Much to my overfull suitcase's (and underfull wallet's) chagrin, I've been picking up stuff as I go.

So, my swag so far:
  • Copper ginginha drinking cup from Lisbon
  • Lapis lazuli prayer bracelet with the cross and scallop shell of St. James from Santiago
  • Damascene carving of Toledo from Toledo
  • Hyper-parabolic modernisme coffee mugs from Barcelona
  • Watercolor of Avignon and the St. Benezet bridge from Avignon
  • A wind-up music box that plays the Avignon nursery rhyme from Avignon
  • Bottle from the Chateauneuf-du-Papes (the vineyards that served the French Popes) from Avignon
  • Stalk of wheat from the wheat fields Van Gogh painted in St. Remy-de-Provence

2 comments:

  1. So far I have..... Photos. Receipts. Tickets. And food in mah belly.
    I need to go shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thankful to this blog for assisting me. I added some specified clues which are really important for me to use them in my writing skill. Really helpful stuff made by this blog.
    สบู่ อิตาลี

    ReplyDelete