Thursday, June 14, 2012

In Cinque Terre, Headed to Florence today!

Hi all,

Sorry for being so behind. I've been in Cinque Terre (a series of five villages on the west coast of Italy, near La Spezia) for the past three days, and am headed to Florence in about 4 hours. Cinque Terre was one of my favorite places so far, so I'll definitely be uploading some posts about it, but for now, just a quick update.

Left Sean in Milan (he's back in the states by now), and caught the train to La Spezia, then a regional train from La Spezia to Riomaggiore, where I stayed all three nights. It's actually one of the smaller villages, which made finding a place to stay tricky (very few places would rent a room to just one person; most would require me to pay for two), but was really cool, as it meant I got to know the village pretty well, even though I visited two others as well. Anyway, it's absolutely beautiful here, so I got a ton of photos I'm really happy with.

Now, I'm off to Florence, which I'm going to use as a base to explore Tuscany for five days. Don't have any particular plans for what to see, though I'd like to go on a vineyard tour in Chianti. I figure I'll just head to the tourism office as soon as I get there and see what day trips I can book.

Anyway, off to catch a train!

No comments:

Post a Comment